Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Remijan <mj...@yahoo.com> on 2009/10/26 21:19:19 UTC

Create zip of multi-module project

I have a multi-module project and at the project POM level (not the module level) I want to create a a zip of the entire multi-module project excluding the common stuff like CVS dirs and target dirs. I've tried configuring the assembly plugin but haven't been able to get it to work.  Any ideas?

Re: Create zip of multi-module project

Posted by Michael Remijan <mj...@yahoo.com>.
What's in the descriptor is simple and as far as I can tell has nothing to do with the error.

<assembly>
  <id>source-release</id>
  <formats>
    <format>zip</format>
  </formats>
  <fileSets>
    <!-- main project directory structure -->
    <fileSet>
      <directory>.</directory>
      <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
      <useDefaultExcludes>true</useDefaultExcludes>
      <excludes>
        <!-- build output -->
        <exclude>%regex[(?!((?!${project.build.directory}/)[^/]+/)*src/).*${project.build.directory}.*]</exclude>
      </excludes>
    </fileSet>
  </fileSets>
</assembly>

________________________________
And what do you have in your descriptor?

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

IPROFS BV.
Claus Sluterweg 125
2012 WS Haarlem
http://www.iprofs.nl

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Remijan <mj...@yahoo.com>.
The configuration of the assembly-plugin in the project pom is what's giving me problems.  I tried this.

  <build>
    <plugins>
             <!--
              | This plugin configuration is responsible for
              | creating binary distribution ZIP file which
              | users can download, upzip, and easily execute.
              -->
            <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>assemble</id>
                        <phase>package</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>single</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <descriptors>
                                <descriptor>src/assemblies/source-release.xml</descriptor>
                            </descriptors>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
  </build>

but it errors because it's looking for a JAR file from the project POM.

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to create assembly: Error adding file to archive: C:\workspace\timeserver\target\timeserver-parent-0.0.1.jar isn't a file.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.