Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by zhenyuan wei <ti...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/24 11:23:30 UTC

How to hit filterCache?if filterQuery is a sub range query of another already cache range filterQuery

Hi All,
I am confuse about How to hit filterCache?

If filterQuery is range [3 to 100] , but not cache in FilterCache,
and  filterCache already exists  filterQuery range [2 to 100],

My question is " Dose this filterQuery range [3 to 100]  will  fetch DocSet
from FilterCache range[2 to 100]" ?

Re: How to hit filterCache?if filterQuery is a sub range query of another already cache range filterQuery

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi,
No it will not and it does not make sense to - it would still have to apply filter on top of cached results since they can include values with 2. You can consider a query as entry into cache.

Thanks,
Emir

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 8/24/2018 5:23 AM, zhenyuan wei wrote:
> I am confuse about How to hit filterCache?
>
> If filterQuery is range [3 to 100] , but not cache in FilterCache,
> and  filterCache already exists  filterQuery range [2 to 100],
>
> My question is " Dose this filterQuery range [3 to 100]  will  fetch DocSet
> from FilterCache range[2 to 100]" ?

Each entry in the filterCache uses the query as its key.  So for the
first one, the key will be something like "field:[3 TO 100]" or whatever
your fq parameter value was.  When the second one is executed, it will
have a different key, so it will not be found in the cache.  Once it
executes, it will be added to the cache as an additional entry.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: How to hit filterCache?if filterQuery is a sub range query of another already cache range filterQuery

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
There might be something like fq=filter(foo:[2 TO 3]) OR filter(foo:[3 TO
100])

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev