Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/26 08:30:22 UTC

LICENSE and NOTICE in javadoc jar (Was: [VOTE] IO 1.3 (RC3))

On 1/26/07, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Javadoc jar for Maven includes LICENSE and NOTICE.

It is news to me, that that's a requirement. I am unaware of any build
script that ensures it. Please note, we are talking about the javadocs
jar file. not the actual meat (source and binaries). Couldn't we drop
that for the future, please?

Jochen

--
How fast can a year go? As fast as your childs first year.

Re: LICENSE and NOTICE in javadoc jar (Was: [VOTE] IO 1.3 (RC3))

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
-1 to dropping that, since a javadoc jar is a release too, which needs a license and notice. If we
haven't done that in the past, doesn't mean we have to continue not to do that.

Mvgr,
Martin