Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/12/23 00:26:08 UTC

[discuss] /dist area on SVN

Hi all mates,

as per subject, 2 questions:

 * is anybody aware of the new policies about the distribution of
binary packages on project SVN area?

 * does it exist a way to automate it with mvn?

Sorry but I hardly googled and didn't find anything useful, I am maybe
too tired today...

TIA!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
OK I will update a release guideline draft on the Onami site ASAP
including that info.

Thanks!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Christoph Engelbert
<no...@apache.org> wrote:
> Why do you want to upload binary to the site, why not just generate
> links to the maven repositories?

Apache releases source artifacts - the binaries are just convenience.
That said, it seems there is a policy saying *all* releases must be on
/dist,
www.apache.org/dev/release.html#mirroring

It has mirroring reasons (so far I understood) but it is also
necessary to let a few of users download releases from the
super-official dist folder, because they need it for several reasons
(maybe government or so). This policy has been discussed the past days
and it seems there is no change in sight.

that said, we just need to commit our release to the release svn - it
should be a trivial task actually, if we find the right process.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Christoph Engelbert <no...@apache.org>.

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On a sidenote:

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSCMPUB-8
I will try to hack that (not sure before the end of the year :-) )

Re: [discuss] /dist area on SVN

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.