Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Sparkes <pe...@didm.co.uk> on 2013/01/14 15:18:26 UTC

Multipage CForm using Ajax - Non ascii Characters

Hi

Cocoon 2.11

I have implemented a multipage CForm which uses Ajax. The form is based on the example at

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/cocoon21/samples/blocks/forms/do-multipage.flow

The  form works fine except that it does not save non ascii characters correctly eg.

É EUR  ç  £

If I use one very long form without Ajax the above characters are correctly saved

Help please, How can I fix this problem

Peter

Re: Multipage CForm using Ajax - Non ascii Characters

Posted by gelo1234 <ge...@gmail.com>.
Ajax calls use default character encoding defined by HTTP 1.1 spec (which
iso-8859-1, not UTF-8). You have to encode BEFORE sending and decode AFTER
retrieving those strings.
Encode with encodeURIComponent, decode with decodeURIComponent (if
Javascript).

Greetings,
Greg

Posted by gelo1234 <ge...@gmail.com>.