Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sanjeev c joshi <sc...@cisco.com> on 2000/10/04 08:44:41 UTC

Problem with session -- Each Time creating new session, instead of existing one

Hi,

I am using Tomact with Apache.I have a problem with the session.

I have a servlet . The servlet AuthServlet  has a method  called
"validsession()" which does

HttpSession session= request.getsession( true);
:
:
When I  call the AuthServlet from the browser  ( doGet inturn calls
validsession()) , it returns the existing session appropriately with all
the session parameters. But when the same AuthServlet is called from
any other java file or perl sript ( in the cgi-bin directory),  it
creates  a new session each time  instead of getting my existing
session.  All the class files are in the  directory as directed in the
classpath  variable. I have another method in the AuthServlet  "
getCurrentUser()" where It does  the same thing i.e,
HttpSession session= request.getsession( true);  strangely  it seems to
work ( it retruns the existing session .....)

Anyone has faced this problem and found the soultion, kindly help me....

Any quick help ... I will be grateful........

regards

--Joshi