Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/09/12 07:59:21 UTC

LDAP extension apparently broken

Hi,

Before filing a bug report, I'd like to get some feedback on this.

I have 2 guacamole-client installations on the same server -- one taken from GIT several months ago and another taken from GIT today.
I'm using the LDAP extension in both cases.

The older installation works fine except for a known bug related to how Firefox handles keystrokes (ie. if you hit ENTER right after inputing your username/password in the home page then subsequent attempts to connect to RDP/SSH/Telnet systems will behave oddly as if receiving ENTER keystrokes forever).

Since this "keystroke bug" was supposedly fixed, I got a fresh copy from git today. However, when a valid LDAP user logs into Guacamole, there are NO connections available (/etc/guacamole has been left untouched), eg. with the old installation, the user would see 2 RDP and 1 Telnet connections, whereas now there's absolutely nothing in the panel.

I'm attributing this "bug" to the LDAP extension because I can reproduce the same "no connection listed" scenario whether I place the "new" LDAP extension into /etc/guacamole/extensions when using either the new guacamole-client war or the older one.

Likewise, if I use the "old" LDAP extension with the "new" guacamole-client war (both 1.1.0 of course) then I do get a proper connection listing when the LDAP user logs in.
Incidentally however, I'm still seeing the Firefox ENTER keystroke bug here... Then I found https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-817 and noticed it's still in progress.

In any case, in order to file a proper/useful bug report, I need to understand the logs before sending them. I searched all of my log files, but I can't see anything related to the search of the guac* config settings in both the old and the new installation.
Catalina.out shows a successful LDAP user login, but I can't see anything related to grabbing the connection information.

What should I search for exactly?

My search filter is
ldap-user-search-filter: (|(objectClass=guac*)(cn=*mygroup*))

Any ideas?

Vieri

Re: LDAP extension apparently broken

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
Can you retry this with the latest code from the git repo?  Another person
reported a bug with LDAP filters that I recently fixed (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-893) and I'm curious if it
also resolves this issues.

-Nick

Posted by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vieri <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
On Thursday, September 12, 2019, 5:21:04 PM GMT+2, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> Can you post your entire guacamole.properties config file, minus any sensitive information?

Sure.

guacd-hostname: 10.215.246.15

guacd-port: 4822

 ldap-hostname: 10.215.144.35

ldap-port: 389

ldap-encryption-method: none

ldap-user-base-dn: cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=org

ldap-config-base-dn: cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=org

ldap-group-base-dn: cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=org

ldap-username-attribute: cn

ldap-user-search-filter: (|(objectClass=guac*)(cn=TS Internet*))

ldap-max-search-results: 9959000

(I know -- that max value is huge because of the way my AD is populated)

Thanks!

Re: LDAP extension apparently broken

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.