Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by RamAESIS <rs...@hcl.in> on 2009/02/26 10:46:32 UTC

Generating persistent classes for database views.....

Hi,

The reversemapping tool is not generating classes for views available in the
schema, is there any way to force the tool and generate dataobjects for
views?

Regards,
Ram

Re: Generating persistent classes for database views.....

Posted by MiƂosz Tylenda <mt...@o2.pl>.
Hi Ram,

I supposed that specifying the DBDictionary property "tableTypes" to value "VIEW" or "TABLE,VIEW" would do the trick but I had no luck. I passed the property as follows but no code was generated although the database contained some views:

-Dopenjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary=tableTypes=VIEW

It looks like the DBDictionary correctly fetches views from the database but the reverse mapping tool for some reason is not convinced it should generate classes for views. Maybe you will have more luck.

Greetings,
Milosz