Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by Ian C <ia...@apache.org> on 2015/08/29 08:56:30 UTC

ODF Explorer

Hi All,

I have been beavering away on the ODF tool I developed and making it
open source via GitHub.

I still have a bit of work to do to make the command line tool open
source but the application is available.

What the tool is and can do is not immediately obvious so I tried to
document that see http://hammyau.github.io/ODFExplorer/

If you have the time check it out. It may provide a welcome distraction :-)

I intend to post about it on other lists too. But if you deem it
worthwhile feel free to pass it on.

I will also return to the round trip coding of passing ODF documents
through Corinthia.

Cheers,

Ian

Re: ODF Explorer

Posted by Ian C <ia...@amham.net>.
On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 1:16 AM, Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org> wrote:
> Ok I just figured out the cause - it was trying to write a file to the ‘input’ directory (under the ODFExplorer directory where I had run ‘npm start’) but that directory did not exist. After I created that, I was able to upload files successfully and have them processed.

I created a dummy file in the input directory so hopefully the next
cloner will not have that issue.

--
Cheers,

Ian C

Re: ODF Explorer

Posted by Ian C <ia...@amham.net>.
On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Your tool and the compliments it is receiving are interesting.
>
> Including poi and Yegor. What do people  think?

Thanks the more the merrier.
But at the moment the tool only processes ODF documents. Extending to
OOXML is a future goal.

--
Cheers,

Ian C

Re: ODF Explorer

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Ian,

> [...]

> Scheme Validation https://msv.java.net/ to get the schema into a from
> I can generate classes from.
> Which is the basis for how the ODF Toolkit generates its DOM classes.
>
> I always intended to do the same for OOXML, but have not been able to
> get around to it.
>

>> —
>> Dr Peter M. Kelly
>> pmkelly@apache.org
>>
>> PGP key: http://www.kellypmk.net/pgp-key <http://www.kellypmk.net/pgp-key>
>> (fingerprint 5435 6718 59F0 DD1F BFA0 5E46 2523 BAA1 44AE 2966)
>>
>>> On 29 Aug 2015, at 11:58 pm, Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Ian
>>>
>>> I’ve just downloaded & built this and ran into a problem when uploading a document. After selecting a .odt file and pressing “submit”, the node server exited; here’s the output I saw:

>>> note

Re: ODF Explorer

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Ian,

> [...]

> Scheme Validation https://msv.java.net/ to get the schema into a from
> I can generate classes from.
> Which is the basis for how the ODF Toolkit generates its DOM classes.
>
> I always intended to do the same for OOXML, but have not been able to
> get around to it.
>

>> —
>> Dr Peter M. Kelly
>> pmkelly@apache.org
>>
>> PGP key: http://www.kellypmk.net/pgp-key <http://www.kellypmk.net/pgp-key>
>> (fingerprint 5435 6718 59F0 DD1F BFA0 5E46 2523 BAA1 44AE 2966)
>>
>>> On 29 Aug 2015, at 11:58 pm, Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Ian
>>>
>>> I’ve just downloaded & built this and ran into a problem when uploading a document. After selecting a .odt file and pressing “submit”, the node server exited; here’s the output I saw:

>>> note

Re: ODF Explorer

Posted by Ian C <ia...@amham.net>.
Hi Peter,

--
Cheers,

Ian C

Re: ODF Explorer

Posted by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org>.

Re: ODF Explorer

Posted by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org>.
Thanks Ian

Re: ODF Explorer

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 29 August 2015 at 08:56, Ian C <ia...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been beavering away on the ODF tool I developed and making it
> open source via GitHub.
>
> I still have a bit of work to do to make the command line tool open
> source but the application is available.
>
> What the tool is and can do is not immediately obvious so I tried to
> document that see http://hammyau.github.io/ODFExplorer/
>
> If you have the time check it out. It may provide a welcome distraction :-)

thanks for the heads up, I will try it out in the coming days, and
hopefully be a bit more successful as last time.

> I intend to post about it on other lists too. But if you deem it
> worthwhile feel free to pass it on.

I think it is a good idea. You should really contact POI, they are java
based and could use something like your tool.
Dave might give you a hint or two, since he is also POI.

rgds
jan i.