Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Steve Davis <sd...@broadsoft.com> on 2005/08/18 18:06:17 UTC

Application startup performance

One of our applications using XMLBeans 1.0.3 is pausing during startup
for 60-90 seconds.

The thread dump shows it mostly seems to be stuck in:
at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeSystemImpl.resolve(SchemaTypeS
ystemImpl.java:2900)
at
schema.system.s3AA943C93EDDB1666BD35E9214C8CD9A.TypeSystemHolder.<clinit
>(Unknown Source

The jar file generated by scomp is over 9MB. We tried un-jarring the
class files, but there is still a long delay.

What can be done to improve startup time?

RE: Application startup performance

Posted by Steve Davis <sd...@broadsoft.com>.
After some experimenting, we found the startup time was greatly reduced
by switching to XML Beans 2.0.
Many thanks to the XML Beans development team for all your hard work!