Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Don Esway <st...@sssnet.com> on 2019/09/11 15:52:16 UTC

Question

Greetings.

I use Open Office as my WORD type program.  My computer crashed. No Data
is recoverable.

Can I get on Open Office somehow from my laptop and have all the saved
data available?

I would appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,

Don Esway

843-247-0114

Stargazer15@sssnet.com

Re: Question

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 11:52:16 -0400
Don Esway <st...@sssnet.com> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I use Open Office as my WORD type program.  My computer crashed. No Data
> is recoverable.
>
> Can I get on Open Office somehow from my laptop and have all the saved
> data available?
>
> I would appreciate your assistance.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don Esway

If no data is recoverable on your crashed computer, then all the files you (and OpenOffice) have stored on that computer are gone.  OpenOffice is not a cloud application and keeps its files locally.  If you have a remote backup, then you can transfer files from that to your rebuilt computer.  You may have edited OpenOffice files on your laptop; if so, these can be transferred to your rebuilt computer.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>