Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Murugan Pitchairaman <mp...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/14 14:37:44 UTC

Couldn't start Tomcat from netbeans....

Hi,

I have a problem using Tomcat 4.0. with netbeans. I have mounted
the required jar file, and when I try to run the servlet within
the IDE, I get the following error. Am i missing some necessary classes?
how to fix this problem?

Exception during startup processing
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:1124)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:989)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:218)
        at ServletDebug.main(ServletDebug.java:3)

Any help would be appreciated,
Murugan.