Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/22 22:28:42 UTC

Maven plugin eclipse question

When we execute mvn eclipse :eclipse , it generate .classpath that contain a
variable named M2_REPO with all dependecnise declared in th pom file.

So it is possible to deactivate this behaviour ? ie : I don't want the
plugin eclipse to generate to me the dependencies in .classpath ??

thanks,

Dmitry

www.ejinz.com

Search Find Everything Technology

Re: Maven plugin eclipse question

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
As Dan mentioned, this is not currently a supported feature of the
Eclipse plugin.

If you require this functionality, I'd suggest you hack the sources
yourself to add it, as I expect this is not a feature that many people
are interested in. I don't see a lot of value in this feature (not
adding dependencies to the .classpath file when constructing the
Eclipse files) personally, but I could be wrong.

Wayne

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I still dont get the main reason why you dont want eclipse the
generate
.classpath with al dependencies.

It seems your maven pom files have dependencies in them, and then you DONT
want the same dependency
list show up in you eclipse projects files Kind a odd thou.

-D

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.