Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Tom White <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/01 20:52:50 UTC

February board report

I've added the following report to the wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2011. Please let me know if
there are any changes that you'd like to see - have I missed anything?
The report is due by 9 February.

Thanks,
Tom

----

Whirr is a library for running services in the cloud.

Whirr was accepted into the incubator on 11 May 2010. Status
information is available at
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/whirr.html.

Progress since the last report (November 2010): We have made the third
incubator release (0.3.0-incubating). We continue to get contributions
from outside the initial committer base, and have added two committers
(Andrei Savu and Lars George). Whirr is being covered at meetups (e.g.
at the jclouds meetup in January). We have added a new service (HBase)
bringing the number of supported services to four: Hadoop, HBase,
Cassandra, ZooKeeper.

Plans for the next period:
* Encourage community growth.
* Do a fourth release.
* Enhance the existing services, and add more services and cloud providers.

Top three items to resolve before graduation:
* Increase community involvement in the project
* Make several incubating releases (Done)
* Support at least three services on Whirr (Done)

Re: February board report

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
yeah +1 on this idea.

Tom, you've grown a diverse community with users and contributions coming
from different legal entities. Good job!

-a

Re: February board report

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: February board report