Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ogieax <o....@weserv.com.ph> on 2009/05/29 05:46:02 UTC

Not able to download artifacts from internal local repository

Hi,
  I am quite new to maven and currently trying to integrate it with Hudson
and Archiva. For the past two days I am trying to figure out why I cannot
download artifacts from the internal repository from archiva when it is
located in another PC within the intranet. But if I install archiva in the
same PC where I execute the build and the settings.xml was set to localhost,
it can successfully locate the jars. I just followed the quick start guide
in running Archiva standalone with jetty and used default settings and set
the proxy settings and was able to download a jar from the maven central
site and store it locally.
 Note that I can actually access and download the jars from the browser.

 When I execute mvn compile on the command line this is what i get...
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Unnamed - TestMaven:TestMaven:jar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered
resources,
i.e. build is platform dependent!
[INFO] Copying 0 resource
Downloading:
http://10.164.35.68:9080/archiva/repository/internal//junit/junit/4.4/junit-4.4.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource 'junit:junit:pom:4.4' from repository
internal
(http://10.164.35.68:9080/archiva/repository/internal/): Error transferring
file
: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL:
http://10.164.35.68:9080/archiva/repository/internal/junit/junit/4.4/junit-4.4.pom

Any ideas on what could be wrong? I am using maven 2.1.0 and archiva 1.2.
Attached are the settings.xml and pom.xml for your reference
Thanks http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2991861/settings.xml settings.xml
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2991861/pom.xml pom.xml

Re: Not able to download artifacts from internal local repository

Posted by ogieax <o....@weserv.com.ph>.
Hi Anders,

Thanks for the quick reply. You hit it right on the spot. That setting did
the trick. Now its working fine.
Many thanks.

Ogie

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.