Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/01/05 00:47:08 UTC

Re: Can't run rebalancer because it thinks another is running

Balancer writes the hostname to a file called  “/system/balancer.id”  if you check that file you should be able to see where the other balancer is running.

Thanks
Anu

From: Marcin Tustin <mt...@handybook.com>>
Date: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 4:32 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<ma...@hadoop.apache.org>" <us...@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Can't run rebalancer because it thinks another is running

Hi,

I'm running HDFS in HA mode. I can't run the rebalancer because I get this message:

java.io.IOException: Another Balancer is running..  Exiting ...
Dec 31, 2015 12:22:09 AM Balancing took 1.159 seconds

Any suggestions as to why that might be; and if it's the obvious that it's running elsewhere, how would I figure out where?

Thanks,
Marcin

Want to work at Handy? Check out our culture deck and open roles<http://www.handy.com/careers>
Latest news<http://www.handy.com/press> at Handy
Handy just raised $50m<http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/02/on-demand-home-service-handy-raises-50m-in-round-led-by-fidelity/> led by Fidelity

[http://marketing-email-assets.handybook.com/smalllogo.png]

Re: Can't run rebalancer because it thinks another is running

Posted by Marcin Tustin <mt...@handybook.com>.
Hah, we definitely do have those properties. Thank you for this!

Posted by Marcin Tustin <mt...@handybook.com>.

Posted by Marcin Tustin <mt...@handybook.com>.

Posted by Marcin Tustin <mt...@handybook.com>.

From: Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>>