Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> on 2002/08/22 09:31:18 UTC

cocoon 2.0.3, xalan 2.3.1, output encoding

I read the following on apache's website :

  When you use the <xsl:output> encoding attribute to set output character
encoding, you should not use StreamResult(java.io.Writer) to construct a
StreamResult object to hold the transformation result. If you do, the Writer
uses its own encoding rather than the encoding specified in the stylesheet.

If you want to use a Writer, you can specify an encoding when you create the
Writer (java.io.OutputStreamWriter). Once the Writer exists, you cannot
reset the encoding it uses.

So I guess that I have a default configuration to alter for cocoon to output
html in iso-8859-1 instead of utf-8 ? How did you solve it by experience
with other encodings ? utf-8 does not render well in my browser as for
accentued characters...

Thanks

Babs