Posted to user@openwebbeans.apache.org by Marcel Urbanek <dt...@retail-sc.com> on 2011/08/12 17:15:26 UTC

Odd Problem (FileNotFoundException) using OWB with Websphere 7.0 on z/Os

Hi,

I encountered an odd problem with Websphere and OWB. When using OWB on
Websphere in the Method AnnotationDB.scanUrlPath() an
FileNotFoundException occurs.
The reason is, that there is always a "r:" prefix on the jar paths that
get scanned. When I do a sysout(url) in the method ensureCorrectUrlFormat
() the output looks like the following:

r:file:/SYS[...]/EAI_N01_jsf-showcase-2.0.29-SNAPSHOT.ear/jsf-showcase-2.0.29-SNAPSHOT.war/WEB-INF/lib/myfaces-extcdi-jsf20-module-api-0.9.0.jar

([...] is truncated)

The only way i managed to get OWB running is to add the following code to
the beginning of the ensureCorrectUrlFormat() Method:

        if (url.startsWith("r:")){
                url=url.substring(2);
        }

That doesn't seem like a good solution to me. Has anyone a better idea how
to solve this issue?

Best regards Marcel

--
RSC Commercial Services GmbH & Co. OHG, Wanheimer Strasse 70, D-40468 Duesseldorf - Sitz: Duesseldorf - Registergericht: Duesseldorf HRA 12655
Persoenlich haftende Gesellschafter:

Re: Odd Problem (FileNotFoundException) using OWB with Websphere 7.0 on z/Os

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.
Hi Marcel,

OWB 1.1.0 assumes that the Protocol-Part has 3 letters + colon like
"zip:" or "jar:". The WebSphere uses "wsjar:" for resources, so it
doesn't work, because OWB 1.1.0 cuts a fix number of 4 characters. (when
you cut 4 chars from "wsjar:" you will get the "r:")

I've filed a bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OWB-577 and
wrote a patch that was applied at May 31th.

So you need OWB 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT after May 31th.

Thats all.

Regards,

Udo

From:   Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>
To:     user@openwebbeans.apache.org
Cc:     udo.schnurpfeil@irian.eu
Date:   12.08.2011 18:41
Subject:        Re: Odd Problem (FileNotFoundException) using OWB with
Websphere 7.0 on z/Os

hi marcel,

we already know about issues with different url formats. e.g. in case of
wls it also depends on the operating system. -> we plan to introduce a
different classpath-scanner.

however, udo managed to deploy the current snapshot versions of owb and
codi to websphere 6.1 (the current versions due to the new java 1.5
support) - maybe he also saw something like that and patched it.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

2011/8/12 Marcel Urbanek <dt...@retail-sc.com>
Hi Mark,

I'm using version 1.1.0 .

Best regards Marcel

From:        Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>
To:        user@openwebbeans.apache.org
Date:        12.08.2011 17:27
> [...]

Tjeerd E. van der Zee, Robert H. A. M. Smeele, Anthony H. Stam,
FRM PARTICIPATIONS S.A. - Sitz: Luxemburg/Luxemburg - Handels- und
Firmenregister Luxemburg: B 58158
Verwaltungsratsmitglieder: Rafael G. E. Bogaerts, John Drury, Michel de
Groote, Johny Seré, Robert H. A. M. Smeele

--
RSC Commercial Services GmbH & Co. OHG, Wanheimer Strasse 70, D-40468 Duesseldorf - Sitz: Duesseldorf - Registergericht: Duesseldorf HRA 12655
Persoenlich haftende Gesellschafter:
C&A Retail GmbH - Sitz: Zug/Schweiz - Handelsregister Kanton Zug: CH-170.4.010.137-5
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Bart F. Brenninkmeijer, Martijn N. N. Brenninkmeijer, Tjeerd E. van der Zee, Robert H. A. M. Smeele, Anthony H. Stam,
FRM PARTICIPATIONS S.A. - Sitz: Luxemburg/Luxemburg - Handels- und Firmenregister Luxemburg: B 58158
Verwaltungsratsmitglieder: Rafael G. E. Bogaerts, John Drury, Michel de Groote, Johny Seré, Robert H. A. M. Smeele

Re: Odd Problem (FileNotFoundException) using OWB with Websphere 7.0 on z/Os

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi marcel,

Posted by Marcel Urbanek <dt...@retail-sc.com>.
Hi Mark,