Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jeremy Cavanagh <je...@orange.fr> on 2019/02/08 14:59:36 UTC

A question about volunteering

Hi,

Sadly, I am no Java expert so I don't feel I can make much of a
contribution. However, I have seen the call for help with reviewing
documentation. So, I started by following the Java Tutorial. Almost
immediately I found a problem on the Code Completion page, specifically
customizing code completion.

     To customize the code completion settings, select Tools > Options >
Editor > Code Completion.

The question I have before committing myself is, is there any difference
between the appearance of NetBeans on Windows, Linux or macOS? I use
Mac's and the aforementioned instruction for customizing code completion
should read:

     To customize the code completion settings, select Preferences >
Editor > Code Completion.

If there is a difference, then I don't think I can be of any help as I
don't have access to Windows or Linux.

Having said that I would just like to take this opportunity to thank
everyone on the development team for their efforts in creating such an
incredible application.

Kindest regards

Jeremy Cavanagh

Re: A question about volunteering

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Excellent, yes, would be great to note the difference as pointed out by Emi
for Mac OSX. Just go to the GitHub of the page and create a new pull
request after you've made a change, you'll see its super simple.

Awesome, great, the more doing this and getting their feet wet the better!

Gj

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.