Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by ch huang <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 13:07:27 UTC

how to prevent JAVA HEAP OOM in shuffle process?

hi,maillist:
i recent get a problem,when i run MR job, it happened OOM in shuffle
process,the options about MR is default,not changed,which option should i
tuning? thanks

Re: how to prevent JAVA HEAP OOM in shuffle process?

Posted by Adam Muise <am...@hortonworks.com>.
Setting map memory at command line with the *new* api:
hadoop jar hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-76.jar wordcount
-Dmapreduce.map.java.opts=-Xmx1024m /user/hdfs/ades /tmp/wordcount

Setting map memory at command line with the *old* api:
hadoop jar hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-76.jar wordcount
-Dmapred.map.child.java.opts=-Xmx1024m /user/hdfs/ades /tmp/wordcount

This is more for the user list, not hdfs-dev.

--
   * Adam Muise *       Solutions Engineer
------------------------------

    Phone:        416-417-4037
  Email:      amuise@hortonworks.com
  Website:   http://www.hortonworks.com/

      * Follow Us: *
<http://facebook.com/hortonworks/?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>
<http://twitter.com/hortonworks?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/hortonworks?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>

 [image: photo]

  Latest From Our Blog:  SAP HANA + Hadoop: A Perfect Match
<http://hortonworks.com/blog/sap-hana-hadoop-a-perfect-match/?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE