Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/25 17:56:35 UTC

New Nutch Committer and PMC member : Sebastian Nagel

Dear all,

It is my pleasure to announce that Sebastian Nagel has joined the Nutch PMC
and is a new committer. Sebastian, would you mind telling us about
yourself, what you've done so far with Nutch etc...

Best,

Julien

--
*

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://twitter.com/digitalpebble

Re: New Nutch Committer and PMC member : Sebastian Nagel

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

thanks for the welcome announcement, Julien.
And many thanks for the invitation to become a Nutch committer.

About myself: my background is linguistics and natural language
processing but my activities now have spread over many areas
of search and data mining.
We (exorbyte.com) are using Nutch since 2007 in a steadily
growing number of customer projects. Crawls are typically
small or medium size but often with very specific requirements.
And, yes, Nutch has the flexibility and power to adapt to and
fulfill these requirements.

Plans to contribute to Nutch for the next time are fixes and
smaller improvements on the 1.x branch, and some documentation.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,