Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/30 18:47:09 UTC

Treat javac warnings as errors in some modules?

It'd be nice to have javac warning-free code.  Some modules are already
warning-free.  Are people ocay with enforcing this constraint (treating
warnings as errors) for modules that are already warning-free?

I found I could enforce this in one such lucene module (highlighter) by
simply adding this:

<property name="javac.args" value="-Werror -Xlint -Xlint:-deprecation
-Xlint:-serial"/>

The "-Werror" is the important part.  The rest of the line is copied from
common-build.xm.

~ David

Re: Treat javac warnings as errors in some modules?

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
+1

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect