Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chris Ryland <cp...@emsoftware.com> on 2000/11/20 14:16:51 UTC

HTML to FO?

Forgive my ignorance (I'm fairly new to this list), but is there a standard
path/method for converting HTML directly to FO for layout with FOP? Or is
this something that remains?

Cheers!
Chris Ryland, President * Em Software, Inc. * www.emsoftware.com

Re: HTML to FO?

Posted by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com>.
Chris Ryland schrieb:

> Forgive my ignorance (I'm fairly new to this list), but is there a standard
> path/method for converting HTML directly to FO for layout with FOP? Or is
> this something that remains?

Hello Chris,

there is no standard way to accomplish this, but here are some links:

- first take HTML Tidy to clean your HTML-Code to XHTML (open and
close   tags..)
  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

- have a look at
  http://www.renderx.com/~renderx/Demos/fo2html/index.html
  this is a converter for FOP to HTML.
  The style sheet is there for download.

- RenderX is also testing on a full HTML 2 FOP 2 PDF Converter
  http://www.renderx.com/~renderx/Demos/HAXEP/index.html
  (no sources)

- another probably helpful link:
  http://www.jclark.com/sp/sx.htm (for valid HTML?!)

Hope this helps.

Stephan Albers
jCatalog Software AG

PS: what's up with you discussion with Jürgen Winterberg?

RE: HTML to FO?

Posted by Andrew Sealy-Bell <as...@enterpriseis.co.uk>.
I was looking for this a while ago.  Somebody on the list replied to my
message with the following attachments:

There are limitations to the example but it is a good starting point.  I
hope this helps.