Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2018/08/12 13:34:06 UTC

ModuleNode and CompuleUnit

Anyone think of a reason we shouldn't allow the CompileUnit to be accessed
from ModuleNode? We already let it be accessed from ClassNode. I was only
thinking read access.

I was contemplating adding NodeMetaDataHandler capability to CompileUnit
for "global" metadata shared across transforms. Thoughts?

Cheers, Paul.

Re: ModuleNode and CompuleUnit

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
False alarm. We already allow compile unit to be accessed, it's just called
getUnit in ModuleNode and getCompileUnit in ClassNode.

Posted by mg <mg...@arscreat.com>.
Alias + deprecate in 2.5.3, delete in 2.5.4 - we need to get up to JDK speed here, guys (& gals)... ;-)
-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> Datum: 13.08.18  10:56  (GMT+00:00) An: dev@groovy.apache.org Betreff: Re: ModuleNode and CompuleUnit
We could provide an alias I guess.
On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 6:09 PM Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org> wrote:

Am 13.08.2018 um 10:08 schrieb Jochen Theodorou:

> Am 12.08.2018 um 15:34 schrieb Paul King:

>> Anyone think of a reason we shouldn't allow the CompileUnit to be

>> accessed from ModuleNode? We already let it be accessed from

>> ClassNode. I was only thinking read access.

>> I was contemplating adding NodeMetaDataHandler capability to

>> CompileUnit for "global" metadata shared across transforms. Thoughts?

> yeah, can do.I don't see anything speaking against that right now.

> bye Jochen

and since it is allowed already (did not see the reply) maybe we should

give that method a better name?

bye Jochen

Re: ModuleNode and CompuleUnit

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.