Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Campbell, Lance" <la...@illinois.edu> on 2008/11/17 17:22:09 UTC

[users@httpd] error log problem with SSL

Apache 2.0.x

Within our virtual host we have the line:

ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/some_file_name

What we are noticing is that Tomcat requests through mod_jk are showing
up within this log as 404 errors when doing SSL.  Why is this?  Is there
something within our configuration that is telling apache to check for
the existence of a file before the request goes to tomcat?  I did not
think that was possible.

It is important to note that the content is rendering from Tomcat.  I
just don't want the error messages in my logs.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs