Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Siarhei Baidun <s....@sam-solutions.net> on 2004/01/21 09:17:58 UTC

missing Japanese character

Did anybody experince %subj% problem in FOP 0.20.4rc?

In several words the problem is as follows.
fop 0.20.4rc
        When rendering Japanese XML into PDF using MSGothic I have one
Japanese character missed in result PDF.
        With Unicode font all works correct.

fop 0.20.5
        With both MSGothic and Unicode fonts FOP works correct.

What I'd like to know is a hint (or patch) what class(es) was(where)
modified in FOP 0.20.5 to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Siarhei Baidun

Re: missing Japanese character

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Siarhei Baidun wrote:
> If you have more exact suggestion, share please.

Probably .../org/apache/fop/renderer/pdf/fonts/MultiByteFont.java,

> One of them is we are planning
> to make porting on new FOP (from main branch)

Don't hold your breath here.

J.Pietschmann

Re: missing Japanese character

Posted by Siarhei Baidun <s....@sam-solutions.net>.
> Do you use the same metrics file ion bothe cases?

Yes I do

>If so, it's probably one of the mapping problems.

Exactly. I saw PDF's inside that have got from FOP 0.20.5 and 0.20.4rc
versions.
Missing Japanese character has code 0004 in PDF's stream rendered by FOP
0.20.5.
But in PDF from 0.20.4rc symbol with code 0004 is empty space.

> The code should be either in one of the files in the font subdirectory or
in LineArea.java.

Suppose some problem with class that implements mapping.
If you have more exact suggestion, share please.

> You can try a CVS diff for a start.
> Is there a specific reason why you can't simply upgrade? especially
> the 0.20.4rc had a few nasty deficiencies.

Yes, there is. In fact a couple of reasons. One of them is we are planning

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Siarhei Baidun wrote:
> What I'd like to know is a hint (or patch) what class(es) was(where)
> modified in FOP 0.20.5 to fix this problem.

Do you use the same metrics file ion bothe cases? If so, it's
probably one of the mapping problems. The code should be either