Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by roshan joe <im...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/06 11:07:46 UTC

IP finder returned empty addresses list on Yarn

I have setup and started ignite 2.1 on four spark slave nodes and one spark
master node. On the Master node default-config.xml file, the "clientMode" =
"true is set but it is not set on the four Spark slave nodes'
default-config.xml. The static Ips of all 5 nodes are listed on the config
files as shown below. When the ignite.sh is started, it detects 4 Servers
and 1 Client as expected.

However, when i run the spark-submit command, it says that : IP finder
returned empty addresses list. Please check IP finder configuration and
make sure multicast works on your network. Will retry every 2 secs.

I have tried different things but nothing worked so far. Could it be
finding default-config.xml from another location than the default location?

http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">

    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">

        <property name="peerClassLoadingEnabled" value="true"/>

        <property name="discoverySpi">

            <bean class=
"org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">

                <property name="ipFinder">

                    <bean class=
"org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder"

                        <property name="multicastGroup" value=
"228.10.10.157"/>

                        <property name="addresses">

                            <list>

                                <value>xx.xx.xx.xx:10000..47509</value>

                                <value>xx.xx.xx.xx:10000..47509</value>

                                <value>xx.xx.xx.xx:10000..47509</value>

                                <value>xx.xx.xx.xx:10000..47509</value>

                                <value>xx.xx.xx.xx:10000..47509</value>

                            </list>

                        </property>

                    </bean>

                </property>

            </bean>

        </property>

    </bean>

</beans>

Re: IP finder returned empty addresses list on Yarn

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

To check if Ignite uses this default-config.xml file, you can just break
this xml(for example remove closing of tag). If Ignite will still start
without problems, then it uses a different config file.

Also, do you really need to use MulticastIpFinder? I think you can use
Static IP Based Discovery(TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder) instead:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#static-ip-based-discovery

You use a big amount of ports - do you really need to check all 37509 ports
for each host? By default, node will use 47500 port for discovery with
range 100, but you have only a few nodes, so smaller range will be better
in this case.

Also, using so big amount of ports could lead to this problem, that you see
here, I think.

Regards,
Evgenii