Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by bgoetzmann <bg...@sophia.symag.com> on 2006/03/28 15:18:36 UTC

Transfering large files

Hello,
Using ServiceMix, what is the best strategy to transfer large files (size
greater than 10 Mo or more) between two services connected on the bus. With
what components ? With what limitations ? I think for example to the SAAJ
component (attaching a file to a message).

A good point would be the possibility to monitor by another service, the
progression of the transfer ; in this case, I suppose you must breakup the
file into smaller packets for transmission.

I appreciate any suggestion or experience !
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Transfering large files

Posted by bgoetzmann <bg...@sophia.symag.com>.
Reccently I've worked on a similar project where files were encapsulated in
JMS messages (using JBossMQ), and sended via JMS topics ; these topics were
persistent (technically JBossMQ saved messages in an Hypersonic database).
But we face a lot of problem when the files were too larges ; and the
approach we've used was to breaksup theses files in small parts.

To have study the JXTA project (a peer-to-peer framework), if you want to
send large file between two  peers you can use the JxtaSocket class which is
capable of performing chunking of data automatically.

I would want be sure that large files are sended without any problem !
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.