Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod)" <JE...@nationwide.com> on 2022/04/27 23:22:31 UTC

OpenJDK is no more?

All,

I was notified of the pull request below.  Long story short:   We need to choose a different JDK to run on our docker images.

At the moment I'm not sure what all the choices are.   When I looked at this before, I suggested Eclipse Temurin.

Does anyone have a preference or others to consider?

Thanks,
Rod.

https://github.com/docker-library/openjdk/pull/495

Re: OpenJDK is no more?

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.

> Eclipse Temurin.

+1

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: OpenJDK is no more?

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: OpenJDK is no more?

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
+1

Am Donnerstag, dem 28.04.2022 um 11:19 +0200 schrieb Jean-Louis
Monteiro:

Re: OpenJDK is no more?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Eclipse is fine.

Re: OpenJDK is no more?

Posted by Swell <so...@gmail.com>.
Azul Zulu or Coretto could be a choice too.

What is the prerequisite ?
JDK vs JRE ?
Binary installer vs zip/tar archives vs container images ?

Temurin seems to have container images
https://github.com/adoptium/adoptium/issues/140

Azul Zulu seems to have container images too on docker hub.
https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/azul/zulu-openjdk#!

-Swell

Re: OpenJDK is no more?

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I already use TomEE+ with IBM Semeru-based images (with Java 17) for a
while, it works quite well.
Note: it's based on our own CentOS 7.x image for legacy compatibility
reasons. Of course that's quite "outdated" part of it, so nothing that
I would recommend to anyone else ;)

Thanks,
Alex

Re: OpenJDK is no more?