Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Shan Kajendran <sh...@adsgroup.com> on 2003/08/08 13:53:22 UTC

Another basic Question in Batik

Hi Genies

I have downloaded Batik Library and unzipped it in the following
directory structure "D:\batik-1.5\lib".

Now I want to compile the following example code.

---------------------------
import org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementation;
import org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation;
public class Class1
{
	public static void main(String[] args)
	{

		DOMImplementation impl =
SVGDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();

	}
}
---------------------------

What I have done so far?

Created one folder called "D:\BatikTest" and I have put the above code
into this folder and added the jar files to this folder as shown below.

set CLASSPATH=.;
d:\BatikTest;D:\batik-1.5\lib\batik-svg-dom.jar

Then I compile it and got the following error.

-------------------------------------
D:\BatikTest>javac Class1.java
Class1.java:2: package org.apache.batik.dom.svg does not exist
import org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation;
                                ^
Class1.java:8: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable SVGDOMImplementation
location: class Class1
                DOMImplementation impl =
SVGDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();
                                         ^
2 errors

Re: Another basic Question in Batik

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Shan Kajendran wrote:
> Hi Genies
>
> I have downloaded Batik Library and unzipped it in the following
> directory structure "D:\batik-1.5\lib".
>
> Now I want to compile the following example code.
\>
> Created one folder called "D:\BatikTest" and I have put the above code
> into this folder and added the jar files to this folder as shown below.
>
> set CLASSPATH=.;
> d:\BatikTest;D:\batik-1.5\lib\batik-svg-dom.jar

     Take a look at the install page of the Batik web site
it has a list of all the jar file dependencies.  I would
strongly suggest getting a tool to help manage your build
dependencies.  Ant is a pretty good 'none invasive' tool,
I've just started playing with eclipse and that seems pretty good
as well.
     I don't see anything obviously wrong with your classpath
other than it's missing about 1/2 dozen other Jar files that
are needed - although I would expect different errors if that
were the problem.  I also usually provide the classpath
using the '-classpath' command line option for javac/java.