Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Benoit Hudzia <be...@ucd.ie> on 2007/04/18 16:38:59 UTC

using mina benchmark info and referencing

Hi,

I am currently writing up my thesis presenting the p2p topology I developed
using mina.
However, i would like to know if it is ok to use some information from the
benchmark page / presentation within it.

In addition, I would like to know if I need to modify the way I reference
MINA project within my thesis?

The current reference look like this :
Trustin Lee. Apache mina (multipurpose infrastructure
for network applications). http://mina.apache.org/

Should I replace the author name with apache group ?

Benoit Hudzia
Parallel Computing Research Group
School of Computer Science & Informatics
University College Dublin
Ireland

Tel: +353 1 716 2403
Fax: +353 1 269 7262
E-mail: benoit [dot] hudzia [at] ucd [dot] ie

Re: using mina benchmark info and referencing

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 4/19/07, Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org> wrote:
> I use the BibTeX entry:
>
> @misc{mina,
>   title = {Apache MINA Project},
>   url = {http://mina.apache.org},
>   publisher = {The Apache Software Foundation},
>   year = {2006},
>   annote={The Apache MINA Project web site.}
> }
>
> It produces a reference that looks like:
>
> "Apache mina project," 2006. [Online]. Available: http://mina.apache.org
>
> I use this for all the papers I write that reference MINA.  This seams
> to be enough to keep my professors happy.

Looks good to me.  I'd prefer 'ASF' to my name in this case. :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: using mina benchmark info and referencing

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.
I use the BibTeX entry:

@misc{mina,
  title = {Apache MINA Project},
  url = {http://mina.apache.org},
  publisher = {The Apache Software Foundation},
  year = {2006},
  annote={The Apache MINA Project web site.}
}

It produces a reference that looks like:

"Apache mina project," 2006. [Online]. Available: http://mina.apache.org

I use this for all the papers I write that reference MINA.  This seams
to be enough to keep my professors happy.

-Mike