Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Nitin Agarwal <ag...@apar.com> on 2001/12/13 05:30:27 UTC

JDBC loggigc thru Log4J

Can anyone tell me about how to use JDBCAppender utility for
logging messages into a Table? I have downloaded the JDBClog.jar file
and tried using JDBCApeender class but shomehow it does not work.
It gives me error saying :
log4j:WARN No such property [url] in com.klopotek.utils.log.JDBCAppender.
log4j:WARN No such property [columns] in
com.klopotek.utils.log.JDBCAppender.
log4j:WARN No such property [password] in
com.klopotek.utils.log.JDBCAppender.
log4j:WARN No such property [username] in
com.klopotek.utils.log.JDBCAppender.
log4j:WARN No such property [table] in com.klopotek.utils.log.JDBCAppender.
log4j:ERROR JDBCAppender::append(), Not ready to append !

Can anyone Help me!!

Thanks in adv.
Agarwal

Re: JDBC loggigc thru Log4J

Posted by Kevin Steppe <ks...@pacbell.net>.
Nitin,
    Always remember to post your configuration when asking this sort of question
-- your problem is clearly a configuration problem.  Fenner's appender (the one
I believe you are using) has reasonable extensive documentation, so check that
and modify your config.  Alternatively you could use the JDBCAppender I wrote
(under contribs/KevinSteppe/) which some find to be easier and more flexible
(and yes I'm biased).

Good Luck,
Kevin