Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lindsay Steele <ls...@iinet.net.au> on 2004/10/13 23:40:36 UTC

initialSortColumn

I have a problem with the initial sort column in a Table.

I have tried many combinations trying to make it point to the column to
sort but nothing seems to work. I have also done searches and can't seem
to find examples anywhere.

Any ideas ??

  Thanks,

         Lindsay

    <component id="ExtnViewTable" type="contrib:Table">
		<binding name="source" expression="extensionsList"/>
		<static-binding name="columns">
                   Extn:extnNo,
                   Edit:Edit,
                   Delete:extnNo,
                   username:Username:username,
                   area:Area:area,
                   jobPosition:Job Position:jobPosition,
                   phoneType:Type:phoneType,
                   status:Status:statusString,
                   viewLevel:Level:viewLevelString
	      </static-binding>
        <binding name="pageSize" expression="500"/>
        <binding name="pagesDisplayed" expression="25"/>
        <binding name="rowsClass" expression="beans.rowClass.next"/>
        <binding name="initialSortColumn"
expression="components.ExtnViewTable.columns.Extn"/>
     </component>

    <component id="ExtnColumnValue" type="Block"/>
    <component id="selectExtn" type="Insert">
          <binding name="value"
expression="components.ExtnViewTable.tableRow.extnNo"/>
    </component>

    <component id="viewExtnLink" type="DirectLink">
    	<binding name="listener" expression="listeners.viewExtn"/>
    	<binding name="parameters"

RE: Conditional inclusion of a propertySelection

Posted by "Jean C. Favila" <jf...@legosoft.com.mx>.
Try using @contrib:FormConditional instead of @Conditional

Regards

Re: initialSortColumn

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Oct 13, 2004, at 6:21 PM, Lindsay Steele wrote:

> Well it is not exactly described .. But I did follow the parameters in
> the component reference doc .. And used "Extn" previously.
>
>  My mistake is I thought I was using a String .. But I am learning that
> in Tapestry this might not be the case.

If you use <static-binding> the value is provided as a String and could
be simply "Extn".

	Erik

RE: initialSortColumn

Posted by Lindsay Steele <ls...@iinet.net.au>.
Well it is not exactly described .. But I did follow the parameters in
the component reference doc .. And used "Extn" previously.

 My mistake is I thought I was using a String .. But I am learning that
in Tapestry this might not be the case.

 An example is always good in these situations....

  Thanks for the patience and help,

         Lindsay

As described in the doc, the 'initialSortColumn' should accept a simple
string. Just make it equal to the ID of the column you want.

For example:
<binding name="initialSortColumn" expression=" 'Extn' "/>

That should work, I believe.

Re: initialSortColumn