Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/29 07:39:07 UTC

Spring AMQP Integration with Storm

Hi,

I want to consume the messages in my Storm Spout from a rabbitMq Queue.

Now , we are using Spring AMQP to send and receive messages from RabbitMq
asynchronously.

Spring AMQP provides mechanism(either creating a listener or using
annotation @RabbitListner) to read message from the queue aysnchronously.

The problem is I can have a Listener to read the message from the Queue.
But how do I send this message to my Storm Spout which is running on storm
cluster ?

The topology will start a cluster, but in my nextTuple() method of my spout
, I need to read message from this Queue. Can Spring AMQP be used here ?

I have a listener configured to read message from the queue:

@RabbitListener(queues = "queueName")
public void processMessage(QueueMessage message) {

}

How can the above message received at the listener be sent to my spout
running on a cluster .

Alternatively , how can a spout's nextTuple() method have this method
inside it ? Is it possible

Is there any integration there between Spring AMQP and Storm?

Thanks

Ankur

Re: Spring AMQP Integration with Storm

Posted by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,

I want to use SpringAMQP . All examples you have quoted are not using
Spring nywhere which we are using heavily in our project .

If nothing works out , then I will have to use the example implementations
:(

Posted by Stephen Powis <sp...@salesforce.com>.