Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/04 06:33:43 UTC

Release Guidelines

Hello team,
Do we have a any well-written guidelines for release procedures? If not, we
need to have one which enables the new committers to become release
managers?

Mark, Romain, Jon: Could you able to provide the some insight on this?

Any help appreciated.
Regards.
Gurkan

Re: Release Guidelines

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gurkan,

think Jon is starting to switch over from manual tag+deploy+dist
area[+generated legal check] to mvn release plugin+dist[+legal]. Then you
vote and update the site with the new download (
https://github.com/apache/tomee-site-generator/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/website/Downloads.java).
In other words we should now be aligned on the standard asf procedure.

Romain Manni-Bucau