Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Smith <mj...@iii.co.uk> on 1998/03/27 15:11:20 UTC

RewriteRule [P] working right under 1.3b6-dev?

Just found something else which appears to me to have changed behaviour on
1.3b6-dev (19980324080024)

In my server configuration I have been using a rewrite rule:

RewriteRule /proxy/test(.*) http://foo$1 [P]

instead of the similar ProxyPass equivalent

ProxyPass /proxy/test http://foo

Now I have 1.3, the RewriteRule doesn't function how I would expect (if I were
more confident I would say it was broken, but I may have missed something!).
ProxyPass behaves as before.

Anyhow, if I enter this URL

http://main.server/proxy/test/xx?yy

I get this appearing in the server logs for foo

195.89.149.194 - - [27/Mar/1998:14:07:09 +0000] "GET /xx%3Fyy?yy HTTP/1.0" 404
158

If there is no query-string it all works fine.

Mike