Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by shyam <sh...@interviewexchange.com> on 2004/03/04 16:29:32 UTC

[users@httpd] serving static content with apache 2.0.46

Hi All,

I have been just added to the mailing list. I have  a web application
with apache 2.0.46 as the http server and tomcat 5 as the web server.
Currently my tomcat serves the static pages also. But now I want the
apache to serve the static content and tomcat the jsp pages. It would be
grateful if someone can tell me how I should go about this or any manual
where I can find the documentation for this.

Thanks

shyam

Software Engineer

Adamshand Inc

www.interviewexchange.com

Re: [users@httpd] serving static content with apache 2.0.46

Posted by Fabiano Reis <fs...@ig.com>.
hi shyan,

If you take a look in your httpd.conf you will see a section like this:

        <Location "/somepath/*">
            JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
        </Location>

this config is setting apache to see documents over "/somepath/*" to be parsed by tomcat. If you place your static documents under another directory you will be splitting what is jsp from what is static.

Try to save your static under DocumentRoot in a URI differente from "/somepath". Why? Because "somepath" is used by apache to map tomcat documents.

I hope this help you.

-
Fabiano

[users@httpd] Load balancing with apache 2

Posted by shyam <sh...@interviewexchange.com>.
Hi All,

I followed the steps provided in the documentation for apache load
balancing. I had success the first time but after that I keep getting
this error in my apache logs. My OS is windows 2000. I ca see the
balancing.conf in the conf directory. My Httpd.conf is :

RewriteMap SERVERS rnd:conf/balancing.conf

<Location />

    RewriteEngine On

    RewriteCond "%{HTTP_COOKIE}"
"(^|;\s*)jsessionid=\w*\.(\w+)($|;)"

    RewriteRule "(.*)"
"http://${SERVERS:%2}%{REQUEST_URI}"  [P,L]

    RewriteRule "^.*;jsessionid=\w*\.(\w+)($|;)"
"http://${SERVERS:$1}%{REQUEST_URI}"  [P,L]

    RewriteRule "(.*)"
"http://${SERVERS:ALL}%{REQUEST_URI}" [P,L]

</Location>

 error logs:

The system cannot find the path specified.  : mod_rewrite: can't access
text RewriteMap file /conf/balancing.conf

I have the balancing.conf in the conf directory.

Balancing.conf

LB1  tomcat1:8080

LB3  tomcat2:8080

ALL  tomcat1:8080|tomcat2:8080

Please help me. I am struck.

Can you please tell me whats wrong with the above.

Thanks in advance

shyam

[users@httpd] STATIC CONTENT WITH APACHE2

Posted by shyam <sh...@interviewexchange.com>.
Hi all,

I have an application set up at /. Currently my tomcat serves the images
too. But I want my apache to serve the images. I tried the alias . But
as the web app is set up at / even my /images is sent to tomcat. How can
I make apache serve the images ?

Thanks

shyam