Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Goliatus Taρczyk <go...@warsztat.pac.pl> on 2004/08/27 14:57:13 UTC

Re[3]: [XSP, ESQL, MySQL 4.1 UTF-8]Problem with special characters

Witaj gounis,

  I still can't get it work. Actually I did:

  1. added: "useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=ISO-8859-2" in
  cocoon.xconf

  2. added set-encoding action

  3. set xml and html seralizer encoding to UTF-8

  4. set my db default encoding to latin2

  What else do I have to do? I still get "?" instead of special
  character.

W Twoim liœcie datowanym 27 sierpnia 2004 (14:31:43) moΏna przeczytaζ:
gog> i cant setup web.xml succesfull so i use an alternative approach

gog> i have as first map into my pipeline

gog> 				<map:act type="set-encoding">
gog> 					<map:parameter
gog> name="form-encoding" value="UTF-8"/>
gog> 				</map:act>

gog> offcourse you need to declare this acction in <map:actions>

gog> puting:

gog> <map:action name="set-encoding"
gog> src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.SetCharacterEncodingAction"/>

gog> i dont know why after a cocoon version is missing from the defautl
gog> sitemap.xml

gog> btw t
gog> he class
gog> org.apache.cocoon.acting.SetCharacterEncodingAction still
gog> exist

gog> with all this i am able to bost greek charakters and store them in mySQL

gog> -- stavros

--
Pozdrowienia,
 Grzegorz                            mailto:goliatus@warsztat.pac.pl

Re[4]: [XSP, ESQL, MySQL 4.1 UTF-8]Problem with special characters

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Grzegorz "Goliatus" Taρczyk wrote:

> Witaj gounis,
>
>   Posted data is not displayed correctly :/ And this is caused by.. ?

so your problem  till now is not in your DataAccessLayer.

try playing with the encoding of your page where the form is
i have notice that the encoding of th form's page cause several problems

i use xmlspy as my editor, leaving untouched my cocoon's setting and
change the encoding i use to save the files cause problems

try your native iso encoding for your form (in my case iso-8859-7)

hope this will solve your problem

--stavros

Posted by Grzegorz Goliatus Taρczyk <go...@warsztat.pac.pl>.
Witaj gounis,

  Posted data is not displayed correctly :/ And this is caused by.. ?

W Twoim liœcie datowanym 27 sierpnia 2004 (15:07:58) moΏna przeczytaζ:
gog> have try to post parameters from a form and grab them using a .xps for
gog> example

gog> are your posted data displayed correctly ?

--
Pozdrowienia,
 Grzegorz                            mailto:goliatus@warsztat.pac.pl

Re[3]: [XSP, ESQL, MySQL 4.1 UTF-8]Problem with special characters

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
have try to post parameters from a form and grab them using a .xps for
example

are your posted data displayed correctly ?

the case i have describe you is form a working model
i have all my serializers/generators/.xml/.xsl in utf
using this connection string
and this map action i'm able to post greek data in mySQL

--stavros