Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by steve <st...@browsermedia.com> on 2004/03/16 18:38:40 UTC

Jetspeed2 cannot connect to datasource

I have tried several times to get help from the list on jetspeed2 to no
avail. I hope my latest question is short enough that someone will help.

I have followed all the steps in the GETTING-STARTED.html without a hitch
(Other than log4j not being defined). I am now calling
http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/ and am only getting a blank screen.
catalina.out seems to indicate the hsqldb datasource was not configured in
the installed app based on the stack trace excerpt below. Note that I do
have 'maven start.production.server' running in a seperate window.

Could some kind soul tell me if I missed some undocumented step, or simply
in what file(s) of the webapp the database connection info should be
defined? I do not get this error running maven db.recreate nor the allBuild.

TIA,

Steve B.

[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl] ERROR:
SQLExce
ption thrown while trying to get Connection from Datasource
(java:comp/env/jdbc/
jetspeed)
Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '
' for connect URL 'null', cause:
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
rce.java:743)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
.java:518)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newCo
nnectionFromDataSource(Unknown Source)