Posted to announce@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/15 17:13:24 UTC

[announce] wicket-1.4-rc7 released

The Apache Wicket team is proud to announce the availability of the
seventh release candidate for the newest version of Wicket - 1.4.  A lot
of bugs have been squashed and several improvements implemented.  If
you are already using earlier versions of 1.4, it is recommended you
update to Wicket 1.4-rc7 at your earliest convenience.

Eager people click here to download the distribution, others can read further:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4-rc7

We thank you for your patience and support.

- The Wicket Team

Apache Wicket

Apache Wicket is a component oriented Java web application framework.
With proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a
refreshing lack of XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple
and enjoyable again. Swap the boilerplate, complex debugging and
brittle code for powerful, reusable components written with plain Java
and HTML.

You can find out more about Apache Wicket on our website:

http://wicket.apache.org

This release

This release is the seventh release candidate for the Wicket 1.4
product.  This release fixes several bugs and adds some minor
improvements.  You can find out about the changes at the bottom of
this announcement.

Migrating from 1.3

If you are coming from Wicket 1.3, you really want to read our
migration guide found on the wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migrate-14.html

Downloading the release:

You can download the release from the official Apache mirror system,
and you can find it through the following link:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4-rc7/

For the Maven and Ivy fans out there: update your pom's to the
following, and everything will be downloaded automatically:

<dependency>
 <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
 <artifactId>wicket</artifactId>
 <version>1.4-rc7</version>
</dependency>

Substitute the artifact ID with the projects of your liking to get the
other projects.

Please note that we don't prescribe a Logging implementation for
SLF4J. You need to specify yourself which one you prefer. Read more
about SLF4J here:

http://slf4j.org

Validating the release

The release has been signed by Jeremy Thomerson, your release manager
for today. The public key can be found in the KEYS file in the
download area.  Download the KEYS file only from the Apache website.

http://www.apache.org/dist/wicket/1.4-rc7/KEYS

Instructions on how to validate the release can be found here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#check-integrity

Reporting bugs

In case you do encounter a bug, we would appreciate a report in our JIRA:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

The distribution

In the distribution you will find a README. The README contains
instructions on how to build from source yourself. You also find a
CHANEGELOG-1.4 which contains a list of all things that have been
fixed, added and/or removed since the 1.4 branch was created.

Release Notes - Wicket - Version 1.4-RC7

** Bug
   * [WICKET-2337] - IndexOutOfBoundsException when PropertyResolver
is using an invalid list index
   * [WICKET-2346] - Problem with displaying expired page.
   * [WICKET-2354] - PropertyModel does not support index only property ("[0]")
   * [WICKET-2358] - EmailAddressValidator property has a typo in
French version

** Improvement
   * [WICKET-2351] - Make TimeFrame, Duration, Time and related
classes Serializable.
   * [WICKET-2360] - Checkbox: Make setters fluid