Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2005/10/21 23:19:26 UTC

derby support?

Geronimo only supports Derby currently (because it requires TranQL
connectors which only support Derby) when creating application
datasources.  Jetspeed 2 seems to support everything BUT Derby for its
database.  Is there a plan for Derby support any time soon?

I updated the j2 plugin to add Derby support but it looks like OJB still
generates invalid data for the phase1 create schema script.  Do I need
to tell OJB to use a Derby dialect somehow?

mike

Re: derby support?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 21, 2005, at 2:19 PM, Mike Perham wrote:

> Geronimo only supports Derby currently (because it requires TranQL
> connectors which only support Derby) when creating application
> datasources.

This is wrong.  You can use the generic tranql connector to wrap any
Driver implementation.  This works with at least mysql, db2, and mssql.
  I haven't had a chance to check, but you should also be able to deploy
jca/jdbc connectors such as the Jaybird firebird adapter.

thanks
david jencks