Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Charles Richard <ch...@thelearningbar.com> on 2014/08/11 15:33:06 UTC

Connection Timed out - Jmeter 2.4

Hi,

I've run into an issue that I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot anymore
and any new ideas would be appreciated.

I am using Jmeter 2.4 . I'm not sure I am at liberty to send my .jmx script
along as it might be too much public information so I'll just try to
explain the issue.

I have this test that I'll run for performance testing of our website that
will have users log in, submit some forms and then log out.

Our servers are Red Hat 5 for the web servers and Jmeter runs on Red Hat 6.
All traffic is kept internal to the network where the website servers are
located.

This test has always worked fine up until recently. Now, if I go through
SSL, I get the following:

Response code: Non HTTP response code: javax.net.ssl.SSLException
Response message: Non HTTP response message: SSL peer shut down incorrectly

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.
InputRecord.readV3Record(InputRecord.java:408)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:360)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl
.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:7

If I go through regular port 80, I get the following:

java.net.ConnectionException: Connection Timed out.

This will only happen to about < 2% of requests and the type of request is
varied: image, .htm file that calls some Java Spring logic, etc.

I thought this might be due to me re-arranging our Apache configuration but
I tried reverting to prior settings and this still happens.

It feels like some kind of server, network issue but I'm not sure how to
troubleshoot it further at this point.

I have tried to simplify the test by eliminating the log in process and
just hitting the log in form and that is fine. I then reduced the test to
logging in, just submitting one form and logging out and this has the same
socket issues.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this further?

Our servers are with a hosted company and I've submitted a ticket to them.
They told me to check somaxconn I believe it was but this did nothing.

Thanks,
Charles

Re: Connection Timed out - Jmeter 2.4

Posted by Charles Richard <ch...@thelearningbar.com>.
Hi,

See inline comments.

Thanks!

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 3:35 AM, Philippe Mouawad <
philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> JMeter 2.4 is pretty old now.
> The first thing you should do is upgrade to 2.11 and use last version of
> either jdk6 or 7.

I will try the above although by the link you posted below, it sounds like
those will continue to happen in Jmeter 2.11 if they are already happening
in 2.4

> You error look like server javing issues on SSL , could it be explained by
> upgrade of server libs ?
>
> When you mention server libs, which libs would that be? The error seems to
be happening with non-SSL transactions having connection issues as well so
I don't think this is an OpenSSL issue.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--