Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/12 16:27:35 UTC

new whisk db views added

In a recent commit [1], I enriched the views for the whisk assets and added
a couchdb count reducer to provide counts (how many actions, triggers etc.
does one have, or activations). This is done with a ?count=true query
parameter on entity list API calls [2]. These views are labeled v2.1.0 and
not yet active (will be done in [3]). This is a heads up for production
deployments to install the views ahead of time, since couchdb view don't
respond until the maps are computed fully.

-r

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/commit/
c7ef96a0a09eb29ec9116bead011d0657196d2ec
[2]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/3051#issuecomment-355751801
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/3155

Re: new whisk db views added

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.
Wow, nice, thank you! I know I've built a few tools that could have
really used this - so thank you! :)

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:27 AM, Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In a recent commit [1], I enriched the views for the whisk assets and added
> a couchdb count reducer to provide counts (how many actions, triggers etc.
> does one have, or activations). This is done with a ?count=true query
> parameter on entity list API calls [2]. These views are labeled v2.1.0 and
> not yet active (will be done in [3]). This is a heads up for production
> deployments to install the views ahead of time, since couchdb view don't
> respond until the maps are computed fully.
>
> -r
>

> [1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/commit/
> c7ef96a0a09eb29ec9116bead011d0657196d2ec
> [2]
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/3051#issuecomment-355751801
> [3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/3155

Raymond Camden, Developer Advocate at IBM

Email : raymondcamden@gmail.com
Blog : www.raymondcamden.com
Twitter: raymondcamden