Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/07/27 07:56:34 UTC

userid is _NOT_ this...

    rv = apr_get_userid(&userid, &groupid, username, p);
    if (rv != APR_SUCCESS) {
        fprintf(stderr, "apr_get_userid(,,%s,) failed: %s\n",
                username,
                apr_strerror(rv, msgbuf, sizeof(msgbuf)));
        exit(-1);
    }
    else {
        printf("user/group ids for %s: %d/%d\n",
               username,
               (int)userid, (int)groupid);
    }

guys ... userid isn't!!!  This is a really cruddy example.  If you want to
create an apr_strfuid to display for the user, then _fine_!  But we need to
kill this example, which I will go ahead a do by the weekend if nobody wants
to salvage this.  BTW, we should simply pass a pool and let the apr_strfuid
allocate what it needs, on win32 these can grow to about, well, a very long
number, such as S-1-5-21-527223456-839523456-1060223456-502

The code to format a sid is already in apr/user/win32/userinfo.c and I won't
object to it becoming public (with the usual name.)

Bill

SID library (was: userid is _NOT_ this...)

Posted by Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lk...@samba-tng.org>.
On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 12:56:34AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> The code to format a sid is already in apr/user/win32/userinfo.c and I won't
> object to it becoming public (with the usual name.)

i have been meaning to create a SID-manipulating library, if
anyone's interested.  we have to have SID construct / destruct
code for TNG, and it's the sort of self-contained thing that
could be libratised v. easily.

luke