Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thuan Seah Tan <th...@fmod.org> on 2012/06/08 02:11:44 UTC

repeated calls to svn_client_status5 seems to hang

Hi all,

I have yet another question about subversion if people don't mind. I have
been using svn_client_status5 to get the status of the file after each
action (i.e. revert, delete, add, etc) it seems to work fine most of the
time. However, if I were to set the update flag (i.e. to contact repository
about status), the call appears to hang and not return after several
repeated calls. Setting the flag to false would work, but I am just curious
to know if subversion implements some kind of guard against repeated polling
of status to guard against hacking and stuff which could have resulted in
the hang instead of returning a non null error.

Thuan

PS: I am not subscribed to the mailing list, so would appreciated if replies
are cc to my email address. Thanks.

Re: repeated calls to svn_client_status5 seems to hang

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@elego.de>.
Thuan Seah Tan wrote on Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 10:11:44 +1000:
> Hi all,
>

> I have yet another question about subversion if people don't mind. I have

I think your question below is a valid API usage question and as such
is on-topic for this list.

Cheers,

Daniel