Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by "Woytowitz, Matthew" <Ma...@ManTech.com> on 2009/05/08 19:35:07 UTC

I would like to contribute to Solr.

I working on a project that's creating a very large solr index.  We're
going to deploy a solr across 4 servers initially and would like to
increase that number as we ingest more and more data.  We are planning
to use a distributed solr architecture, but some of the Solr feature's
don't work when distributed.

The features we would like to build/enhance are:

Improve the More

Distributed:

org.apache.solr.handler.MoreLikeThis

org.apache.solr.handler.SpellChecking

We would also like to bring lucene's span query into solr.

We can build these item's and contribute the codebase,  but is anybody
working on these features?  Any idea's on how it should work?  We been
looking at the source code for 2 days, we are by no means experts on the
code.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: I would like to contribute to Solr.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Woytowitz, Matthew <
Matthew.Woytowitz@mantech.com> wrote:

> org.apache.solr.handler.SpellChecking

There is an issue open for this --

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: I would like to contribute to Solr.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mathew,

Thanks for the contributions! See
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute for tips on how to make sure
these patches make there way into Solr.

Essentially, you have already done the most important part. Attach a
patch to JIRA. Even if you did nothing else, someone is likely to come
along and finish off the work needed eventually. To help speed that
along, I'd add some junit tests and elaborate a bit on what you have
done eg are there any limitations, anything you are not sure of, etc.
The more info available, the faster the wheels will likely turn.

- Mark

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

RE: I would like to contribute to Solr.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
if you wish some feature to be contributed , Just open a JIRA issue
(if none exists) . start with a patch with includes the fix and a
testcase.

I guess the features that you mentioned are something we need to
implement anyway but deferred for lack of time.

look at any component which has distributed support
(TermVectorComponent is a simple one to start with).

If you have specific questions we will be happy to help