Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by May Lyn Lis <ma...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2002/03/05 05:05:38 UTC

Hostname lookup?

I have setup Apache as reverse proxy for webmail with
the following options:
Apache1.3.23 + mod_ssl + mod_proxy + mod_rewrite +
mod_vhost

Recently, the access to the webmail through this
reverse proxy is very slow. I have dicover that the
reverse proxy server keep having domain request
session whenever people accessing the webmail through
it.

netstat -a result :
udp 0 0 rproxy.abc.com:32917 ns1.abc.com:domain
ESTABLISHED

I have check the httpd.conf and the HostnameLookups
has been set to Off. Why the server still keep lookup
the domain?

What else can cause this slowness? (direct access to
the webmail server without go through this proxy
server is extremely fast).

May