Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Dan Quaroni <dq...@OPENRATINGS.com> on 2003/08/19 14:47:26 UTC

Will failed optimize corrupt an index?

My index grew about 7 gigs larger than I projected it would, and it ran out
of disk space during optimize.  Does lucene have transactions or anything
that would prevent this from corrupting an index, or do I need to generate
the index again?

Thanks!

Re: Will failed optimize corrupt an index?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.
The index should be fine.  Lucene index updates are atomic.

Doug

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.

Posted by Pasha Bizhan <fc...@ok.ru>.
HI,

> From: Dan Quaroni [mailto:dquaroni@OPENRATINGS.com]
>
> My index grew about 7 gigs larger than I projected it would,
> and it ran out of disk space during optimize.  Does lucene
> have transactions or anything that would prevent this from
> corrupting an index, or do I need to generate the index again?

You must generate index again.

Pasha
Lucene.Net www.sourceforge.net/projects/lucenedotnet

RE: Will failed optimize corrupt an index?

Posted by Pasha Bizhan <fc...@ok.ru>.
HI,