Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robert Sösemann <ro...@gmx.de> on 2002/12/18 12:21:52 UTC

XMLForm Wizard alternative?

Hy,

in our project (CMS) we want to easily generate input fields in a
wizard-like interface. It is later used by authors to put different types of
articles into a database.

As different types of articles have other information needs, we want to
provide the user with form field that represent that needs of the specific
article. So we need a mechanism to generate steps of our wizard (namely page
with form fields) from centralized information (great would be the db)

As this XMLWizard mechanism is only available from a cocoon beta, we are not
allowed to use it. Can you imagine an alternative way to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Re: XMLForm Wizard alternative?

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Robert Sösemann" <ro...@gmx.de>

> Hy,
>
> in our project (CMS) we want to easily generate input fields in a
> wizard-like interface. It is later used by authors to put different types
of
> articles into a database.
>
> As different types of articles have other information needs, we want to
> provide the user with form field that represent that needs of the specific
> article. So we need a mechanism to generate steps of our wizard (namely
page
> with form fields) from centralized information (great would be the db)
>
> As this XMLWizard mechanism is only available from a cocoon beta, we are
not
> allowed to use it. Can you imagine an alternative way to solve this?

You can simply use the XMLForm's syntax for form representation and use a
custom action to generate the next step for you. To customize the forms you
can either use XSP or a special transformer.

Konstantin