Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by sachin shah <sa...@usc.edu> on 2004/05/25 03:08:11 UTC

cactus and tomcat error

hi,
I tried to run the sample test case using Tomcat and Cactus but am getting the following error :
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
at TestSampleServlet.beginSaveToSessionOK(TestSampleServlet.java:22)

I have done nothing different than that ssuggested in the instructions. I have also used the .class files available on the website.
Any idea of what I could be doing wrong.

Sachin

RE: cactus and tomcat error

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Sachin,

This probably means that your Cactus test classes have been compiled
with an old version of Cactus and that you are now running them with a
new version of Cactus but that you haven't recompiled your project, and
that the API you're using has been changed in some way.

We're trying to keep binary compatibility between Cactus versions but in
the past we've had to break it knowingly in some cases.

Recompiling your source code with a new version of the cactus jars (and
using these new jars in your classpath at runtime) should solve your
problems. Please then ensure that you have no older version anywhere in
client or server side classpaths.

Thanks
-Vincent